12 Kusadasi places to visit during winter are here. Because Kusadasi is an interesting place to visit, whatever the weather looks like. Especially some of the sights near to Kusadasi are worth seeing in cooler weather.
Kusadasi is mostly known for its beautiful beaches, most of them crowned with blue flags. Also the archeological sights near to Kusadasi are very famous. The transportation to these sights are easy from Kusadasi. A good reason for many people to combine their sightseeing of the historical places with the fun on the sunny beaches.
On average these historical sights can be reached within half an hour to two hours from Kusadasi. Planning a daytrip from Kusadasi in the cooler morning hours so you can catch the afternoon beach time in Kusadasi is a good option.
Autumn and Winter in Kusadasi
In Kusadasi, you can find the typical Aegean weather, that is, the summers are warm and dry and the winters are luke warm with a little rain. In autumn and winter the nights may be a somewhat cold to plan something outdoors, but during daytime the weather is quite nice to go out. It might be a little cool or rainy but there is no snow. It’s actually the ideal weather for sightseeing. So let’s take a look at the sights!
Kusadasi, Soke and Izmir
Kusadasi and Soke are part of the province of Aydin. Izmir is quite near too. Selcuk is part of the province of Izmir. Here you can find the serene House of Virgin Mary and the impressive ancient town of Ephesus. Selcuk is only a 30 minutes drive from Kusadasi.
Besides these two very known sights, there are some places you might want to add to your itinary. See below for a small list, so keep reading our posts for many more.
- Söke Tarihî Rum Evleri (the Historical Greek Houses in Soke)
- Doğanbey Köyü ve Karina (the old Greek town of Doganbey and Carina)
- Yedi Bilgeler Şarap Mahzeni (the Seven Wise Men Wine Cellar and Hotel)
- Çamlık Buharlı Lokomotif Müzesi (the Steam Locomotive Museum and Breakfast Restaurant of Camlik)
- Izmir – Torbalı Key Museum (the biggest car museum of Turkey)
- İzmir – Ödemiş Bozdağ Kayak Merkezi (Izmir – Odemis Bozdag Ski Resort)
- Bafa Gölü (Lake Bafa)
- Izmir Kemeraltı
- Izmir – Kemalpaşa Nazarköy
- Nesin Matematik Köyü (Nesin Mathematics Village)
- İzmir Fuarı (Izmir Convention Centre)
- Aydın Güllübahçe (Gelebeç) ve Aziz Nikola Kilisesi (Aydin Gullubahce, “Gelebec”, and the Church of St. Nicholas)
To provide you with more detailed information, we will highlight each of these sights on our website during the month of September 2017.